Some families enjoy the pleasure of adopting a new pet into the family. They are loved, petted, caressed, looked after, named, and then finally cleaned up after. The cleaning job is generally left to mom and dad…..in my household namely me. The most common request for pets that I have heard from mom’s and dad’s have been dogs, cats, fish, and hamsters.
The folks at Mom Select and Cepia Toy decided to choose Phoenix and the Phoenix-metro areas to invade and unveil “Go Go Pets.” Go Go Pets are great because they mimic real life pets without all the fuss and my home was one chosen to review their hamster pets and the “habitrails” that were included.
So my family is the proud owner of a hamster named Mr. Squiggles. I am quite happy to have adopted and received Mr. Squiggles for a few reasons:
- No mess. Hamsters are stinky, they live in cages, and they have all sorts of junk they make messes with. YUCK
- Hamsters are a rodent….I hunt rodents like the pests they are. This rodent, you would never know he was and is a rodent.
- The feeding, the cleaning, all the excelsior cedar for their cages, we don’t need any of that.
- I never have to worry about him dying and explaining to the kids why we put him in a shoe box….I just crack him open and pop in new AAA batteries.
When the box arrived and I opened to see all the different habitrails I was a bit overwhelmed and spent a good amount of time putting the pieces together. Not that there is a lot to them, just there were a number of habit areas for the little rodent. Plus having an antsy five year old doesn’t help when you are trying to put something together as fast as you can so they can begin playing. So here is what some of the “habitrails” looked like partially assembled:
Now with any toy and or new animal you have to find a place for them and they all have little quirks, ticks, and annoyances for some parents, here are mine:
- Immediately had to change the batteries. As with any new toy as the batteries installed are for demo use only and not full play so they die within an hour of hard play.
- The habitrail comes apart easily requiring an adult to continuously put the contraptions back together.
- Mr. Squiggles didn’t like the wheel. He would fall over sideways, again requiring someone to fix him or get him off the wheel altogether.
- The hamster is ALWAYS making noise. I don’t mind toys that make noise, but there should be some shut off timer that after some time and no response the thing shuts up!
- He likes to back up A LOT, so going forward around the habitrail was a task for Mr. Squiggles.
Now I am not saying anything bad about the toy itself, just that I have higher preferences as a parent and mom about some of the toys my kids play with. Overall though my oldest boy LOVES Mr. Squiggles and the Go Go Pets toy. My twins, they like it because they can play demolition team on the house and chase the little fur ball. My philosophy is if the kids like it and are happy with the toy with no complaints….I’m good as well.
Here is a good deal about Go Go Pets…..you get one too!! Yup, you get your very own hamster and a habitrail. No muss or fuss of a real hamster, but your kids get to enjoy all the endless hours and entertainment that the cute little rodent brings! He has a love setting where he purrs for you and talks and his Go Go setting where he is on the move! Want to win your own Go Go Pet and habitrail? Here is what you will get:
One Hamster – Chunk
One habitrail – Car & Garage
Now here are all the rules for playing and you must post a comment for each entry and the additional entries thereafter to increase your odds (1 comment = 1 entry, Rinse and Repeat). Let me also say…if you don’t follow the rules…..no loot…….no email, no loot, rules are made for a reason and to avoid spammers! So let the fun begin:
- Follow my blog and tell me you do so or have done so, make sure you leave a valid email addy. (Worth 1 entry)
- Subscribe to my blog in a feed, then come tell me you did so. (Worth 1 entry)
- Follow me on Twitter @KariewithaK come back and tell me so (Worth 2 entries)
- Tweet my giveaway on Twitter, come back and tell me you did, one per day please! (Worth 3 entries)
- Grab my button to your right, add it to your blog, come back and give me the link showing you did! (Worth 5 entries)
- Tell me why you would want one of these cute little fur balls for your kiddos, with your valid email addy. (Worth 2 entries)
- Blog about this giveaway with the Mom Select button below and my button, come back and give me the link. (Worth 6 entries!!)
Good luck and have fun!