The Herring’s (Us) had a fantastic BBQ get together with the Greer 5 and the ‘Rents on Sunday. I took my first stab at Potato Salad to which DH said I should have bought it. Only because he thinks I show off by cooking everything from scratch…..to which I do! So here is my super simple, super tasty, easy peasy Potato Salad:
10-12 medium Russet, Gold, or Red Potatoes (all depends on your taste buds)
1/2 c. Mayo
1/2 c. Miracle Whip (or Yogurt for a lowered fat alternative)
3 T. Yellow Mustard
1/3 c. Dijon, Horseradish
2 sticks of celery, diced
2 branches fresh Rosemary, or 1 T. Rosemary
2 green onion sticks
salt and pepper to taste
1. Cut potatoes in half and boil in water for 15-20 minutes. Be sure to blanch (dump in ice water)the potatoes as they will continue to cook even after being removed from the boiling water.
2. While potatoes are boiling in a large bowl, mix mayo, Miracle Whip and Yellow Mustard. Begin to dice onions and celery.
3. Once potatoes are cool enough to handle, remove from skin as best as possible, dice into bite size squares add to bowl with wet mix and begin to slowly churn. While churning, slowly add onions and celery.
4. Continue to stir and add Dijon horseradish while adding spices to taste.
5. Serve immediately or put in fridge until ready to serve.
Serves 10, 136 calories per serving!